Category : Industrial
POSITION: Quality Manager
PAY RATE: 40-50K (SALARIED, EXEMPT POSITION)
JOB DESCRIPTION Provide quality support and inspection services to the manufacturing operation. This includes areas such as incoming material inspection, in-process inspection, vendor services inspection, and final inspection.
Engineering degree or 10 years of experience in the field of quality management of machined components.
• ASQ, QE certifications a plus.
• 2-5 years of supervisory experience.
• Six Sigma training and experience a plus.
• Ability to read blue prints, geometric tolerancing and dimensioning.
• Ability to read and understand material certifications, ANSI/AGMA, ISO, specs, and other forms of governing body requirements and specifications.
• Proper working knowledge of the Corrective Action process, 8D process, PPAP, PDCA, 5 Why analysis, etc.
• Mastery of proper gage usage and calibration techniques needed for necessary gages.
• Ability to perform every inspection technique used in our operations using verniers, mics, indicators, etc.
• Ability to understand engineering documents: Bill of Materials (BOM’s), drawings, change orders and procedures, manufacturing specifications, purchasing specifications, etc.
• Demonstrated organizational, communication, time management, and problem solving skills.
• High level of energy with an inherent drive to embrace challenges and continuous improvement.
• Comfortable working in a small firm where you need to wear many hats.
• Work well with executive management as well as all other associates in the factory.
• Ability to determine appropriate sampling plans according to lot size.
• Thorough knowledge of Root Cause Analysis, Gage R&R, CpK, SPC, Control Charts, Histograms, Pareto charts, etc.
To contact us about this position, click here.